Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-26 B 45mm f3.5 Pentacon SIX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: MIR-26 B 45mm f3.5 Pentacon SIX Reply with quote

I did try to sell this lens among to my friend, but wasn't any taker. Naturally I did try it out first with film and now with a digital camera.
I am pretty amazed so better to buy from him and keep it than sell for peanuts, I got an 50 USD offer ... come on this is a medium format 45mm lens!

I made a longer deeper show than usual I do. Lens has scratch on front, witch is not impact anything.
Air was semi clear some pollution were visible, lens looks single coated.

First non-processed straight convert images form RAW to JPEG.
Click on each images to get higher resolution!

B&W processed samples are here

http://forum.mflenses.com/mir-45mm-f3-5-p6-pentacon-six-kiev-60-t47674.html

Processed samples are here

http://forum.mflenses.com/mir-45mm-f3-5-p6-pentacon-six-kiev-60-t47674.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be looking for a wide angle, if the Pentax 645 can be fixed. My friend believes there is a loose wire somewhere, or maybe the connection in the battery needs cleaning. I will not be able to get the camera until after 3/21. He has a Pentax 75mm, and a zoom (80-160mm), So, I was thinking about a Russian wide angle.
If someone else wants it now, then please sell it to them. But if no one wants it now, I will later. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ! Wink

Hi-res processed images.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Mir/mir-45mm-26b-sony-nex-3/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure #10 is wide open (f/3.5)? The flare shows aperture blades and I don't see them in the wide open picture of the lens itself.

Edit:
Or am I wrong to assume f/3.5 in the picture means you shot at that aperture? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are these the unprocessed scans ? seems a little low in contrast (wich isn't a bad thing "per se")
How do you rate it vs. Flek 50/3.5 ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
are these the unprocessed scans ? seems a little low in contrast (wich isn't a bad thing "per se")
How do you rate it vs. Flek 50/3.5 ?

These are made with Sony NEX-3 and unprocessed images , Flektogon 50 is so much better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Flektogon 50 is so much better.

I had a different experience. My Mir did much better than two Zebra Fleks. Maybe the MC Flek is a different beast.

Just acquired this uncommon one:

A late model (post USSR) Mir labeled as "Arsat". Multi-coating is fantastic. Same optics + coating used in some of the early Hartblei Tilt/Shift lenses. And look at that serial! One away from perfect. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Arsat version truly looks great. Do you know if it has all elements coated? I had Mir opened a while ago and if my memory serves me well rear elements were uncoated. I also dare saying lens is pretty clumsy made compared to Flek.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Marc! Nice lens!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also dare saying lens is pretty clumsy made compared to Flek.

No argument there. I had to disassemble this one to fix the aperture blades (which are a very odd vinyl type material? Never seen anything quite like it). I've done it on quite a few Mirs and the mechanics are not particularly elegant or well finished. In terms of QC issues, I think the Mir takes the cake, and that's where the trouble lies. BUT if everything is, clean, tightened down, and properly lubricated it works well.

Quote:
Do you know if it has all elements coated?

Yes it does. Every side of every one. I had to disassemble them too. Here's a comparison shot with the Mir I had been using: