Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biometar 120mm f2.8 P6 zebra Sony NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Biometar 120mm f2.8 P6 zebra Sony NEX-3 Reply with quote

First couple of pictures are wide open last ones are at F8.

Hi-res images are here

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Looks really good! Suprisingly contrasty for a medium format lens on NEX. Was any PP applied?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, impressive lens indeed !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is not best at close range, especially not for close up and wide open as the few first photos.
The photos of buildings are more suited. My personal though is portrait distances would bring the best out from this lens.

Attila, regarding adapter,
Are you using P6 mount to nex directly or is there 2 adpters to fit with nex?

My setup is P6 to PK, then PK to nex, or just use pentax dslr with SR on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Wow! Looks really good! Suprisingly contrasty for a medium format lens on NEX. Was any PP applied?

Yes, I always do except if I note no pp.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
This lens is not best at close range, especially not for close up and wide open as the few first photos.
The photos of buildings are more suited. My personal though is portrait distances would bring the best out from this lens.

Attila, regarding adapter,
Are you using P6 mount to nex directly or is there 2 adpters to fit with nex?

My setup is P6 to PK, then PK to nex, or just use pentax dslr with SR on.

This is a portrait lens and damn good on medium format. I used Konica Sony NEX+Nikon Konica+Nikon P6 adapter , stacked adapters no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of my all time favorite lenses on FF. love the sharpness and color, but also has great character. i also loved how it rendered in b&w.
tony