Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 75-205 macro.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Vivitar 75-205 macro. Reply with quote

Las year i bought this lens from KEH for 10usd-threw it in with an order of 2 more lenses. I shot a few test shots at home, but never really used it. Today I decided to give it a good test drive at Hermann Park in Houston. Not bad! Looking at 100% crops, you can tell it's not a first rate lens. But other than critical use, it's just fine.

1. Someday I'm going to ride that train.

2. In the Japanese Gardens, and it looks very Japanese.

3. I'm not much for backlit shots, but gave this a try.

\

4. The lens has macro capability, but you're stuck at the shortest focal length in macro mode.

5. Looking at the image at 100%, I could tell it's a Nikon, but don't know which model.

6, 7. Coolin' off.

8, 9. Going under and coming up.

10. This is the first time I've seen this species at Hermann Park.

11. This is the first time I've seen a nutria anywhere other than a wildlife refuge in Louisiana.

12. The wildlife is used to being fed by people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the lens I'm thinking of, it's a Kiron lens and not too shabby either.

Good shots, but the images look over saturated and the WB is too warm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin. I like my images saturated and a little on the warm side, but I must have overdone it this time.