Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Trip AF50, Fuji Superia 400, Supermarket dev/scan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Olympus Trip AF50, Fuji Superia 400, Supermarket dev/scan Reply with quote

Crappy camera with fixed focus 28mm lens with fixed aperture (f9.3 I think) and single shutter speed. I had really poor, soft results from the roll of BW I put through it but this colour roll is much better, it's not a camera I will use much due to the fixed focus and exposure, but the lens actually looks decent on this roll.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,
I like very much the results, the colours are natural and the images nicely composed.
My favs are #2 and #5, but all of them show a reasonable sharpness and grain.
I would have never guessed they were taken with the Trip AF50... Wink
(Have you ever tried the original Tryp 35 from 1966?).

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jes. This Superia does seem to be nice film, first time I've used it, I normally shoot Fujicolor 200 for my colour film.

I'm not sure why the sharpness is improved over the BW roll I shot with this camera, quite mystifying.

I have two original Trips, sadly both broken. They are very common here in England, also common to be in abused condition not working. Sad

I will grab one some day, I had an Oly XA2 in my art student days in the 90s and took it everywhere with me as a visual notebook, never actually used a Trip though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That black cock inn looks like a dirty place Wink nicely composed ian, pm sent in relation to m42 to fd convertor.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sharp...you'll have to try the Nikon P&Ss..... I bought this AF210 probably for 50p (at the bootie) and was amazed it gave a sharp shot on cheap OOD kodak film with a bit of pop. Shocked