Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rikenon 28mm f2.8 gets the thumbs up from me
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Rikenon 28mm f2.8 gets the thumbs up from me Reply with quote

Well just a few shots to show the Rikenon 28mm f2.8 can give VG results (at least on a film camera).., I was using £1 Agfa Vista, it's a bit grainy but if you avoid sky shots it's no problem (well for me as I don't like grain). Dev and scanned at a supermarket, but have a similar problem recently with their scans i.e. too bright and contrasty....the machine must be set for cheap prints Rolling Eyes So have to adjust in PS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Good colours and contras. And great detail. It's a good lens. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:

Thanks....I like the lens but what I don't know is:- why a Pentax user would use this Rikenon lens instead of a Pentax 28mm as they are both PK mount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
miran wrote:

Thanks....I like the lens but what I don't know is:- why a Pentax user would use this Rikenon lens instead of a Pentax 28mm as they are both PK mount.

Price. It's surprising how many kits I've had from or seen in the charity shops that will have the OEM 50mm but a store brand 28 and 135, or a zoom. I guess most people investing a lot of money had to save something ?

Those are good pictures, I've got a few rolls waiting for processing, I hope they're as good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
miran wrote:

Price. It's surprising how many kits I've had from or seen in the charity shops that will have the OEM 50mm but a store brand 28 and 135, or a zoom. I guess most people investing a lot of money had to save something ?

Those are good pictures, I've got a few rolls waiting for processing, I hope they're as good.

Well I've found a good Supermarket (Asda) but the girls do produce the scans with quite a few dust spots. Rolling Eyes......and I bought the Rikenon for £3.50. Cool to go with my other fifteen 28mms Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Price. It's surprising how many kits I've had from or seen in the charity shops that will have the OEM 50mm but a store brand 28 and 135, or a zoom.

Yeah, I see the same thing, a little disappointing to see a high end body paired with a store brand lens. No idea who could afford a Pentax LX, but would put a cheap lens on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, it's a good little performer.