Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD: Portragon 100mm f4 T-mount soft-effect portrait lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: SOLD: Portragon 100mm f4 T-mount soft-effect portrait lens Reply with quote

Price: now $50

Here is a fun little lens seldom seen for sale. Its a Portragon 100mm f4 lens that takes a T2 adaptor (not included). It’s a special effect lens—it’s just a single element lens, so you can get that old-timey soft/aberrations feel. The lens has no aperture, so it's always wide open at f4 (you could probably make cutout apertures for this lens if you wanted to experiment). Fantastic for portraits too. There may be a couple of minor cleaning marks on the lens, but for a lens like this, that does not matter at all.... I think the lens may be single coated, but it could be uncoated. I don’t think you’ll find a tinier 100mm lens either (see my comparison photo!). Focusing range is from infinity down to 3.2 feet. Includes a hood (pretty sure it's the original companion) which says Spiratone SER VI. Lens is made in Japan, all metal. Helicoid is not too well damped, but that’s as to be expected for this level of lens. Cosmetically it is in excellent condition with only light wear.

Payment via Paypal or US Postal Money Order.
Shipping. I'll ship whatever method you want (with delivery confirmation) in the USA at cost. This is a small and light lens, so it may very well be able to be sent First Class for only a couple of dollars. I will ship worldwide at cost, but I do not lie on customs forms. International shipping without any tracking is at your own risk, but I will provide a scan of my receipt from the post office if that makes you feel better. Because of the expense of international shipping with tracking, no returns then.

New Samples with my K-5 (all at the only aperture value of the lens, f4):

(a B/W conversion with some post-processing of my faithful, static model):

(no post processing except a slight boost to exposure):

Finally, a series of the same image, first with no post-processing, then as a straight B/W conversion, then two post-processing attempts to show how much fun you can have playing around with a lens that produces images like this:

Last edited by MacTak on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the sample images with some that better show the lens' qualities.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dropped the price five dollars to $60.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another price drop; now only $55!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another price drop!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to make me an offer; the worst case is that I refuse!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold via Ebay. Mods can move the thread. Thanks.