Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Supplier of M42 lens back cap
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Supplier of M42 lens back cap Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm looking for a supplier of caps for the back of my M42 lenses.
A supplier from China or Hong-Kong would be fine. Direct site or ebay, it is important to be cheap and have no shipping cost. Would also be fine if he accepts price reductions when buying more than one (or 3 or 5 or 10) similar items.
I need a lot of such caps but the only one supplier I found delivers only in the hundreds of items, that is too much even for me. (I guess I would buy up to 50 pieces, depending on price.)

Greetings,
Eugen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried Ebay, I get mine through several sellers there easily found doing a search, ususal minimum quantity being 10?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used "pamlizb" on Ebay. UK seller, quick postage.

£3.99 for 3, free postage.

Probably could contact for special/exact amount you require.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-Takumar-M42-Screw-Camera-Rear-LENS-CAP-Cover-/280725499719?pt=UK_Photography_Lens_Caps&hash=item415c8b2f47

£1 each delivered

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.

Now a much difficult question: Who delivers/produces transparent back and front caps?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
Thank you all.

Now a much difficult question: Who delivers/produces transparent back and front caps?

If you find any share it, I saw only genuine nikon made one transparent rare cap, I got with lens or was Sigma I forgot already.
I never seen front cap just white balance cap what allow to get light, I use cheap used or new filters as transparent caps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Eugen Mezei wrote:
Thank you all.

If you find any share it, I saw only genuine nikon made one transparent rare cap, I got with lens or was Sigma I forgot already.
I never seen front cap just white balance cap what allow to get light, I use cheap used or new filters as transparent caps.

Once an Sony Alpha - M42 adapter I bought came with transparent rear cap for Sony A/Minolta AF mount. I think the seller was BigIs but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Minolta lens have white/milky back caps. Not really transparent, I think not much light is going through.

I am wondering how noone of the chinese producers got the idea to inject transparent plastic in the molds and not black. Would cost the same I think and he would have a monopol for a time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron AD2 rear caps are transparent. Don't think that will help you much though as they're male fitting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ebay.com seller kumir000, I just bought 15 for $6.99.regards