Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta to eos adapter.Could be the wrong one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Exakta to eos adapter.Could be the wrong one? Reply with quote

Hi everybody.
I need help.I just got in the mail an Exakta to eos adapter from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220987403142?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It fits okay in my Canon 550d but both of my old lenses:
Exakta 35mm 1.8 and Tokina EMZ 70-210 4.5 wont fit,at all.Is it possible I just bought the wrong adapter?I'll be glad to hear from you,and thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Exakta to eos adapter.Could be the wrong one? Reply with quote

Ely Magal wrote:
Hi everybody.
I need help.I just got in the mail an Exakta to eos adapter from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220987403142?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It fits okay in my Canon 550d but both of my old lenses:
Exakta 35mm 1.8 and Tokina EMZ 70-210 4.5 wont fit,at all.Is it possible I just bought the wrong adapter?I'll be glad to hear from you,and thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Exakta to eos adapter.Could be the wrong one? Reply with quote

Ely Magal wrote:

i think you got fooled by the exakta name of your 35mm lens. that name was used on the lenses not in exakta mount, also i don't think tokina made lenses in exakta mount

post photos of the mounts of your lenses so we can tell you which mount it is

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina did make lenses in Exakta mount - I have several - but rarely under their own brand name.

Tokina lenses in Exakta include preset models in their proprietary 47mm interchangeable mount, their T-mount presets, fixed-mount and T-4 Auto lenses from their first series of auto lenses. I have, for instance, a Tokina made Vivitar fixed mount 35mm/2.8 in Exakta mount, with the "arm". Some few of these were sold under the Tokina brand. And there is a T4 Exakta adapter also with the "arm".

But I have never seen a later model Tokina lens in Exakta.

The Tokina EMZ 70-210 4.5 is a later model that was never offered in Exakta mount. This lens is from the time (late 1970's to the 1990's) that Tokina sold many more lenses under its own brand. By the time this lens was made Exaktas were collectors items.

Its impossible to miss an Exakta mount automatic lens - they have to have the "arm".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: here are some pics Reply with quote

Thank you guys for the quick response.Here are some pics of my old Exakta HS-3 camera,50mm 1.8 lens(not 35mm as mentioned before) and the Tokina 70-210 mm zoom lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Pentax PK mount to me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K mount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exakta BRAND lens, but Pentax mount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: I got it.Thank you all! Reply with quote

I got it.Thank you all!