Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Reply with quote

First time I'm ever selling a lens, suggestions about how to sell are welcome. Already posted to my local Craigslist, but hesitating on eBay because of commissions.

I know this is probably the wrong forum for this lens, but in case anyone might have the slightest interest. To be honest I'm a heavy MF user, I've basically MF'ed 100% of my pictures, so I find this lens extremely awkward with its short focus throw and USM motor coupling. Only in the past year did I discover how easy it is to get Contax and other old MF primes working on my modern EOS, so now that I've fallen in love with the feel of those lenses, this AF zoom is just sitting on my shelf doing nothing for months, and I really don't anticipate using it much -- I'd rather use the money to buy another classic Zeiss or something Smile

But for anyone who actually wants AF, or a general-purpose walkaround, it's a fantastic lens, and has IS too. Has a couple of minor cleaning marks on the edges of the front element, but otherwise it's in great shape. Images are tack sharp as reviews describe.

Looking for about USD 800 OBO and I live in northeast USA, PM if interested.