Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

road bike ride toting 450D and yashica ML 28/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: road bike ride toting 450D and yashica ML 28/2.8 Reply with quote

Road up to Mount Baldy today and decided to lugged around a sling bag w/ my camera, extra water& food. If you watch cycling races, this was part of the course in the Tour of California races the past few years. Temps back at the bottom was 97* but was a bit cooler on the ridge line. Sky was super clear for LA air.

This is my 1st real outting w/ this lens. I got it in a ebay lot with a ML 50/1.9,ML 80-200/4, ML 42-75/3.5, FX-3 super 2000 & 2x TC.
I'm quite impressed on the colors from this ML 28mm. White balance seems a bit cooler compared to my super tak 28/3.5 but nice. Noticed nice color pop with the wider aperture and gets muted down as I got past F5.6

You can actually see down town LA from this distance

_MG_2953 by jsig1, on Flickr

_MG_2986 by jsig1, on Flickr

_MG_2999 by jsig1, on Flickr

_MG_3055 by jsig1, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice place to test ML 28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great rendering from this lens. the entire series is one of the best price/performance lenses one can buy.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous scenery and beautiful shots from this lens!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone. One thing I noticed while trying to ride, is the challenge to find some else to capture that captures my eye at the pace I was riding at. There was some cool features on the side of the road like this tree suspended by its roots over this 40ft cliff. This was shot wide open @ F2.8

_MG_3017 by jsig1, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad new, there is a good size fire (4000 acres) in that valley and has burned up to that road I was on. Views are no longer green and peaceful