Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emergency camera gear shots!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Emergency camera gear shots! Reply with quote

I'm not sure about anyone else here, but I keep an emergency camera in the car, just in case... Laughing

As luck would have it, an old Canon EOS 20D will just about fit into my car's centre console Smile I also keep two old lenses in the boot (Canon EF 35-105mm with massive scratch on the front and a Nikkor-N.C. 50/1.4 beater purchased on here, with more scratches to the front and rear than visible coating Laughing

Today I wanted to take some shots whilst out and about on a walk, so I pulled on the combo to see what it could do:

f/8

f/1.4 - just for fun but forgot the maximum shutter speed of the 20D is 1/4000 second Laughing

f/4

The old Canon lens is very good as well, but I might purchase a beaten up 28mm to sit in the car as well.

Does anyone else have an emergency kit, if so show us some images!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm...isnt max shutter speed of the 20d 8000?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right, I just over exposed randomly Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a car any more but I do have a Canon 300D that I take to places I wouldn't take my 7D to.
At the moment it has my Optomax 135/2.8 on the front of it. When I take it out it's in a scruffy bag alongside a Domiplan I was given by another member. I've actually got some decent shots from that combination, not that I can find any right now... Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the 35-105 (with a hood); it's a lens I use quite a bit. The only flaw is the contrast can be a bit low, but it is a sleeper. i like it so much I have 2. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea!

I have this XTi (400d?) on my desk right now. I use it to shoot my ...shooting setup (most of the time my t2i on a tripod and some stupid macro setup).

This camera is going in my car tomorow morning!

So many time all I had with me was my cellphone!

What focal length do you find most usefull?

I got 2 50mm f1.4 lens that I'm using very little since I got my Zeiss, they could be revived that way.

Edit :

There's an Industar 50-2 on my desk right next to it... it's very small... Should be a nice setup on the go!