Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing Kodak Vision2 100T in C-41
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Testing Kodak Vision2 100T in C-41 Reply with quote

Just a quick test roll I shot in my Fujica STX-1 with EBC DM X-Fujinon 1.6/50. It was cloudy so results are a bit flat and lacking in that regard, but the film works well, the slight blue tint it has (T for Tungsten) is easily corrected and grain and sharpness are good (although I had some softness due to my error) so overall it's a success. This was processed at the local supermarket and while the remjet had come off, tiny bits of it remained, making little white marks and streaks on the scans, I rewashed and wiped the negs which removed a lot of this. I will get some C-41 chems and try DIY processing of this film now I know it works in C-41 (it's an ECN-2 film) and will solve the remjet problem with a prewash in washing soda solution and careful washing/wiping before drying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Kodak Vision2 100T in C-41 Reply with quote

Nice results! The first picture reminds me of an 1977 soviet made post card that I have found a few days back. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is surprisingly good for non C41 film Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these results can be greatly improved on. I will buy an 85B filter to correct the colours and try again in brighter sunlight, I'll get some C-41 chems and develop it myself as it looks like the Fuji Frontier lab machine at the local Asda doesn't do a good job of removing the remjet, but the development itself was fine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remjet you can remove even afterwards with baking soda solution.
What did the shop told you about the film Smile didn't it pollute their machine with soot?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but very little remjet is left after development, I just wipe it with a paper towel to remove any remaining traces.

They never said anything, it was loaded into a 200 C-21 cheap colour print canister so they might not have realised it was different.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Kodak Vision2 100T in C-41 Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Nice results! The first picture reminds me of an 1977 soviet made post card that I have found a few days back. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing yes. Some of them excellent, some of them not. thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like colours. This is main reason why I shoot film.