Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda Sensorex and lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Miranda Sensorex and lenses Reply with quote

Oh I'm gonna have fun with this one, it's mint as are the lenses.

I also have a 1.4/50 I neglected to include.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the horizontal lines you can see inside the lens on the camera are the tiny slits in the mirror to allow light to reach the meter cell which is placed behind the mirror, unusually, in order to allow for interchangeable prisms.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome combo! Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels so well built, film advance is smoothest, strongest feeling I can remember.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, Have you tried your Sensorex yet. I'm thinking abut buying one, and I wondered how you like it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have tried it. Great camera, built like a tank, real quality feel, lenses are great too. I'll post some shots when I find the negs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thak you. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensational, hot, what a talented, sexy kit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have this kit too. I opened it to have a look at the mechanics, though it doesn't need any work. Everything works, even the meter.

It surprised me, its very well made, though finish isn't quite up to the Nikon or Minolta SRT.

Very robust. I think they take the years very well from what I have seen.

I have the coupler-type 50/1.4, 50/1.9, and 135/3.5 lenses, that were specifically made for the Sensorex.
These are very nice indeed, but the aperture click stops seem to be on the Sensorex body.
They are not so convenient to use on other Mirandas or on digital as the aperture setting is so easily moved.

I also have a couple of Miranda Sensorex T4 adapters for my Soligor and Vivitar T4 lenses, though these adapters are rather troublesome as the "arms" don't want to stay connected.

In general the open-aperture mechanism is less elegant than Minolta or Nikon, but it works.

I have the prism finder and the 5x/15x critical focus finder, which is great. I wish someone made something like that for DSLR's. It beats the hell out of angle finders and the like.

I also have its little brother, the Sensomat. This is a surprisingly small and light SLR. I have the waist-level finder for this as well as the pentaprism.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious envy, congratulations. Mirandas are wonderful cameras...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't Mirandas the consolation prize if you can't land a Topcon? Laughing

Still looking for the Super-D or RE-Super and that gorgeous Topcor 1.8/58 lens.

All kidding aside, congrats, Ian, do find those negs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the 'chrome ear' lenses share any parentage with the Soligors of similar design ? It was all the same empire under Allied Impex.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Topcon 1.8/58, it's a wonderful lens, considering it dates from the early 60s it's quite incredible how good it is.

No idea about the Soligor-Miranda commonality, my personal theory is the original chrome ears lenses were made by Tokina, then production switched to Sun, but it' just a theory.