Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Bullseye!"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: "Bullseye!" Reply with quote

That's what they call a "precision landing", isn't it?

(Look at the time, 1 sec to go...)

I guess that's not too bad to get an Olympus Zuiko 1.4/50 for € 45,- (incl. shipping). Wink

Well, I am excited to see how it performs compared to my other 1.4/50s...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations!

you must have a lot a practice to hit it that precisely... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And look at the price too...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Carsten!
lets see how it compare to your pentax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sheer precission.
Where you put the eye, you put the bullet...
Congratulations, Carsten!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, I was just lucky.
I played around with this auction a bit since I did not expect to have a chance to get this lens. I expected it be quite expensive, like € 80,- or 90,-, so I just typed in an odd number 39something about 7 seconds before the end and after two clicks, I read the message that I have bought this item!
"Wow", I thought, "that must have been close."
I guess, the date (Wednesday, half past nine) is not the best one to sell...
(But a good one to buy!) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats... really perfect landing...

I have this lens... frankly, I didnt like that much... But now I am thinking.. I used only for one day.... And with Manual Focus lenses, I am finding, 3-4 days of shoot is best to get the personality...

I have Oly 50mm f1.8 too.. Thats a gem...

Heck.. Seems like... Ending up collecting most of 50/55mm f1.8 and f1.4 lenses... My next target SMC or Super-MultiCoating-Takumar 50mm f1.4 lens.. I have Super Tak 50mm f1.4.. I really like that... just want to check whether there are any differences with "Super" word...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Carsten !

I'm in a 50mm mood actually (while not having already left wide-angles quest Embarassed ), and my next to come will be a small Zuiko 1.8 - my first Zuiko !

I've read some words saying that some Zuiko do poor results on E-300 dSLR series, like the 1.8; also there is five optical revisions of it, the last one (with "Made in Japan" written on the front ring) being the best. I'm wondering of the 1.4 will perform !

Ballu, the SMC Tak 50/1.4 is nice but I don't like the way it soften details wide open.

... all remind me I have yet to do lenses comparisons shots per focal lengh and the 50mm category is growing fast.... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good timing Carsten - hopeyou enjoy it

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...by reading the topic I thought you meant this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Zeiss-Contarex-Bullseye-System_W0QQitemZ130196864817QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73447QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice win though!

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Marc: Yeah, that's true. I didn't remember that one. Way too expensive, btw. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an excellent price, and spot on timing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Zuiko has arrived: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,44969.html#44969