Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset with my Samsung Galaxy S3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Sunset with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Reply with quote

Nice little camera on this this phone. 8mp and down to 100 ISO. High ISO is 800, but that's more than enough. High ISO performance is poor, but if someone is buying a cell phone for it's high ISO performance, they have problematic priorities.

I was out with my K-7 getting sunset photos this evening because clouds out here can look like fire rolling through the sky in the right sunset. With fewer clouds, I could have caught that. But with the clouds tonight, that was very localized (and not near me.) BUT (!!!), I did have the luck to capture a rainbow in the sunset (opposite the sun). The rainbow went through a cloud, so it's only partly visible. Here are some photos I took with my Galaxy S3 of the sunset tonight.

Some color editing to make it reflect how the sky actually looked. This is actually far less red than the sky really was.

After sunset, looking at Mount Diablo

"Dude, get out of my shot!"

Some trees and a path.

This camera takes oddly sized images -- 3264X2448. In 35mm terms, it would be like 32mm by 24mm instead of 36mm by 24mm. So, strange dimensions. But technically still 8mp. Almost.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photos. Very nice for a phone. Smile

Btw, those odd dimensions you talk about are 4:3 aspect ratio. That's what pretty much every compact camera (as well as TV and computer monitors) had until 16:9 started taking over. It's really a very widely adopted standard. And micro 4/3 mirrorless cameras use it as well. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize that. I always wondered where the 4/3 came from. That makes a lot of sense.