Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit 19/2.8 Night shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Leica Elmarit 19/2.8 Night shots Reply with quote

I got a chance to try some night shots at a very scenic location a few weeks ago. Pretty much all the pictures I took over the weekend are busts as I for some reason thought it would be cool to try alot of HDR and HDR panoramas. Yeah. That did not work out too great. But it was a wonderful trip just the same. These were taken very late in the night, possibly 2-4am after I had been active in a tradition known in these parts as drinking until you fall over. A local custom mandatory by visitors at this wonderful place, and my resistance to falling over hopefully allows me future visits (I was the only one still awake when I stumbled away with my tripod from the cabin). I did however miss a beautiful sunset over the mountains during the ceremony, but there will be more chances.

C&C welcome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are all wonderful images. the elmarit 19mm delivers. congrats.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that an almost full moon I saw behind the clouds in one of the shots?

There's a nice dreamy feel to these, my nighttime shots tend to look like broad daylight but with heavy digital noise and star trails Rolling Eyes

How long were your exposures?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exposures are 30 seconds, iso 100 or 200 depending on where the light was.

And yes, there was a beautiful almost full moon out. Unfortunately 5 minutes before I took that shot it was clear of the clouds.. Not sure it would have made for a better image tho