Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax news!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Pentax news! Reply with quote

And finally Pentax officially has pulled out 2012 news.
http://pentaximaging.com/about/press

Tecnology
- HD coating

DSLR
- K-5 II
- K-5 IIS (without anti aliasing filter)

K mount lenses
- smc PENTAX DA 18-270mm F3.5-5.6 ED SDM zoom lens and HD PENTAX
- DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

Q mount
- new camera Q10
- new lens PENTAX 06 15-45/2.8
- adapter ring K->Q

645 mount lens
- HD PENTAX D FA 645 MACRO 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HD coating looks promising.

I wish that the 560mm can be within my budget frame in the years to come.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good they keep the K5 body, because how to imnprove an alreast perfect body?
Supposedly once again AF performance is improved, I hope it is true.

Really nice is that they offer a K5 without AA filter!

Actually there is a new top model expected to come too, curious if it will materialize, resp. if one will be "announced"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very smart to offer a body with and without AA filter. ALL companies should do this as its no extra cost to them, big difference to us.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least the debate will be re-enhanced re no AA filter :p

It's clever marketing in a sense, as its driving education and awareness to the idea of "sharper" images. Its fits with there new "HD" coated lenses. Making customers aware of a problem they didn't realize they had, and then providing them a solution to it.

I'll stick with my K10d for the time being Razz I already have Pentax bodies without AA filters, I've been using them for years Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, looks like the long awaited FF camera won't be released this year, or is that yet to hit the news desk?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't think a new body is due until at least the launch some lenses that cover the full frame. There current lenses are all 1.5 crop size