Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Metering Differences Between Icarex 35S & SL706
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Metering Differences Between Icarex 35S & SL706 Reply with quote

I know the Icarex has stop down metering and the SL 706 has open aperture metering, but does that mean that I am supposed to do anything any differently when using the 2 cameras with the lenses made for this line and the diaphragm stop down pin the cameras have?

Simply, I am not understanding when or when not to press in the stop down pin.

Thanks for any guidance. I have been unable to find a manual for the SL706.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the manual for Voigtländer VSL 1 is comparable.
The Zeiss Icarex and the SL 706 work just the same for M42 lenses. Just stop down for metering.
Except when you use the special lenses for the SL 706 with coupling for the aperture indication. Only for these special lenses the body of the SL 706 counts the difference between full open and chosen aperture, so you don't have to stop down first to meter the light.