Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50 5cm 1:3.5 red "P" M39 for SLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Industar 50 5cm 1:3.5 red "P" M39 for SLR Reply with quote

Today I received this lens, it's silver version, from year 58. So I have put it in my bag today, to make some test shots. I'm personaly very pleased by results.

I saw Attila has posted something about this lens, showing some contrast problem. My lens doesn't seems to have this problem (correct me if I'm wrong). About sharpness, I still can't really tell, since I don't have "expert" eyes yet to judge about sharpness.

Don't try to find any artistic composition in photo, it was just test shots. Smile

No PP at all

#1 Wide Open

#2 Stop-down

#3 Wide Open

#4 I don't remember aperture, but reguarding to shutter speed (1/1000), ISO 100, it was close to wide open

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples Pierre! You do remember well, my copy have weak contrast , may was cleaned in past and no coating left on glass anymore. My copy was pretty abused.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results. I have a 1966 one without red P and a 1959 one without red P, both are superb, I really like them. I have a pair of I-22s with the red P, those are very good too but I feel they are not quite as sharp.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for an I-22 for SLR (not collapsible version) with red P (year 1954) with silver finish, I will compare when I'll see it in my mailbox Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
I'm waiting for an I-22 for SLR (not collapsible version) with red P (year 1954) with silver finish, I will compare when I'll see it in my mailbox Smile

Please post some picture from lens itself as soon as you can.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I should receive it during the end of the next week

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I've seen a rigid I-22 before, they are usually collapsible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here are 2 photos from the seller (I hope it's not problem with copyrights)

They didn't look so rare, but some of them are very expensive on the bay.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare lens for sure, I seen it a first time. Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, rare one. I have seen a similar style one but can't remember if it was an I-50 or an I-22, it was on ebay a few months ago.

Congrats, look forward to seeing samples Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its too rare, I've seen them quite a lot, but most of the time they're attached to Zenit 1 bodies (which I find quite nice, but I don't really want).

I do plan on picking one up eventually, so it will be nice to see the comparison between the 50 and the 22!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Well, here are 2 photos from the seller (I hope it's not problem with copyrights).

Unless you have permission to post these pictures here you are infringing someone's copyright. Perhaps that someone doesn't care. However, putting aside any ethical considerations, it's a dangerous game. People are being sued, and monies are being extracted from them. Google will provide examples.

Some photography forums expressly forbid the posting of another's pictures without permission. It seems like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Well, here are 2 photos from the seller (I hope it's not problem with copyrights).

Unless you have permission to post these pictures here you are infringing someone's copyright. Perhaps that someone doesn't care. However, putting aside any ethical considerations, it's a dangerous game. People are being sued, and monies are being extracted from them. Google will provide examples.

Some photography forums expressly forbid the posting of another's pictures without permission. It seems like a good idea to me.

Logically, any seller should be pleased to see his sale photos being published around the web, but some contact details or at least an attribution would be necessary too. We've discussed this before and we do expect an attribution.

The old silver M39 I-50 was my very first SLR lens, back in the early 60s, and I took some really great pictures with it. I stupidly traded it in with my Zenit 3M when the shutter started sticking and ended up with a crappy Domiplan instead. When I started buying MF lenses again in 2005 it was at the top of my list.