Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Wide Auto E series 28mm f2.8 Made For Miranda
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Soligor Wide Auto E series 28mm f2.8 Made For Miranda Reply with quote

This will probably be the last lens I buy for a long time. Sad I managed to srape up the $11.71 purchase price including shipping. Very Happy
If you are a Soligor or Miranda collector or user you will find this lens interesting.
You won't find this lens in any other mount, just the Miranda mount.

This was released as the Miranda Auto E series 28mm f2.8. This appears to be the same lens with the Soligor Wide Auto E series 28 mm f2.8 markings instead.

The serial number is 1253166, so it's not date coded like most Soligors. We know some Miranda lenses were made by Tokina, and this code number seems to confirm that.
The lens has as 52mm filter thread.

Here it is. I will test it when I get it.

Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by walter g on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, it's not bad, I suspect it's a Tokina. Not in the same league as the Minolta and Konica 28s I have, or as good as the Pentacon 2.8/28, but it's certainly usable.

Couple of samples on NEX, can't remember if I sharpened them, probably:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Mine is labelled as a Miranda, not a Soligor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian. Very Happy
I'm looking foward to compare my earlier Miranda auto 2.8/28 in 46mm filter thread to this lens, to see which is better, or if the performance is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be interesting to see. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My internet has been down the last week, so i'm going to post a couple test pics while it's still up.
f2.8 handheld

f11 handheld

f11 handheld crop

f8 handheld same shot crop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f8 looks better, f11 will have more diffraction.