Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Set screws?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Set screws? Reply with quote

Afternoon everyone! I have a lens with a "T" mount adapter to M42 that has lost a set screw. Because of this the lens wobbles a bit on camera and gives undesirable photos. Does anyone know where to get a variety of small screws to attempt to find a replacement? I was wondering if a set of eyeglass screws might work? Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasses/spectacles don't have set screws . At least the ones I worn so far.
Your best bet is to cannibalize another lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK:

https://polarbearcamera.com/collections/grub-set-screws

Not sure if they ship to the US.

Or as Himself already suggested; cannibalize another lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my collection of T mounts have at least 3 different screw threads for the set screws. - I seem to remember 0.7mm, 1mm & what may be an imperial size.
It might be simpler to just glue the central portion in place. Whilst this will loose the ability to rotate the camera I wouldn't find that a huge hindrance with any of my lenses (possibly a pain when using a telescope though).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Set screws? Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
Afternoon everyone! I have a lens with a "T" mount adapter to M42 that has lost a set screw. Because of this the lens wobbles a bit on camera and gives undesirable photos. Does anyone know where to get a variety of small screws to attempt to find a replacement? I was wondering if a set of eyeglass screws might work? Any thoughts?

Screw sources for lens have already been given. If the T-mount ADAPTER is missing a screw, consider buying another adapter -- they are very inexpensive...