Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rudbeckia fulgida var deamii in visible and UV light
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Rudbeckia fulgida var deamii in visible and UV light Reply with quote

Today about another attractive flower, for humans as well as bees: Rudbeckia fulgida var. deamii. Shot outside with natural light (blue sky, no direct sun) in visible and ultraviolet light, using the Baader-U UV pass filter, a CERCO 94mm quartz flourite lens and my UV sensitive camera.

Visible light image:

Ultraviolet (UV) light image:

Diptych VIS - UV:

The petals of this R. deamii variant shows a very distinct "bullseye" UV pattern, invisible for us humans, as many other Rudbeckia species do. Also this one is reflecting around 365nm at its petal tips and is creating a very distinct UV nectar guide for its pollinators.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's amazing! I didn't know the difference between what we see and what a bee sees can be so big.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it indeed is. My Blog has many more examples for that [url]uvir.eu[/url]