Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Storsjöyran, leica-style
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Storsjöyran, leica-style Reply with quote

Finally a break in the weather, and a festival in town, altho from these you wouldn't know Smile
Shot mostly with a 50/2 summicron with a Leica R4s with Tmax 100 developed in D-76.

The lovely lady in #4 and #5 is my soon to be wife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, a little low in contrast, but like the mood. Congrats on your
upcoming marriage, she's beautiful!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the scan, i shot these with an enlarger lens over a light board and left the exposure to auto.. I liked them tho, so there is no pp at all done. As you can see from the "borders"

And thank you!, she's a wonderful person

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your beautiful lady! I also like better contrasts, may worth to try some pp and publish here too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly, I fixed the contrast on a few of them. Unfortunately the camera I shot these with apparently had a light leak, so many pictures have a think line over them. Worst part is that I shot 3 rolls before I developed and noticed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad what a pitty, I like this fixed version better , especially last one is excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sad what a pitty, I like this fixed version better , especially last one is excellent.

Thank you kindly, and I do like them better with a bit of contrast aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, especially the last one.
The contrast isn't the problem. I think that about -1 stop brightness (+1ev stop during digitalisation; could be also done in lightroom) and increasing the black levels (in lightroom etc.) would do most the job without playing with the contrast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fixed ones more. I do tend to err on the side of under developing to make scanning easier.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I too like the last most. And the borders you didn't crop out work very well too. Smile