Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Luger in .30cal (SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Luger in .30cal (SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8 Reply with quote

Photos taken with the SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8. Reversed lens for first two photos.

This rare Luger was taken from a dead German officer in WWII. Luger in .30 cal. It is now my fathers and will be mine later on.

luger by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

luger w tak 55mm reversed by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

luger2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. In the last one I just wish that the bottom of the pistol grip was also sharp: that would improve it for me. Does the gun still shoot well?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice....do you have any history on the pistol, and when it would have been manufactured?
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 - I like the vintage look
What I don't like are those left and right shadows. You can get rid of them pretty easy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickles wrote:
Very nice....do you have any history on the pistol, and when it would have been manufactured?
Cheers, Pickles.

Sorry, I didn't originally see the first part of your post where you mentioned how your dad came by it....very interesting.
Unfortunately in Aus, pistol ownership is a BIG no no.....almost impossible to own a pistol, unless you're a member of a pistol cub, & even then you've gotta be a regular shooter..etc etc etc.....it's that difficult, you wouldn't believe it.
Years ago, a friend of mine had a VERY rare Luger, with a long barrel, rifle stock conversion, different magazine etc....a super rare item.
Cheers, Pickles.