Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica MG, Kodak Vision2 100T, Fomadon LQR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Konica MG, Kodak Vision2 100T, Fomadon LQR Reply with quote

First roll through this camera wasn't great due to a fixer issue so I tried again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's very contrasty and with a lot of dynamic range at the same time. Looks almost like digitally processed, hdr style. Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Miran. This film has a massive dynamic range, quite remarkable. I like the contrasty look so I increased it in PP, and Fomadon LQR is a high contrast developer to begin with. Only other processing was to reduce the highlight brightness a little in some and in a couple of them, also tweak the shadow brightness. I sharpened them too. It's a different aesthetic for sure, but I like it, I have lots of 'normal' BW film to use too but I prefer this Kodak motion stock for most subjects. I didn't wipe the film well enough after fixing (to remove any remaining traces of remjet) so there was some streaks, most noticeable in the skies. I tried to clone stamp most of it out, next time I will wipe more thoroughly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Wow, that's very contrasty and with a lot of dynamic range at the same time. Looks almost like digitally processed, hdr style. Surprised

He beat me to it, yep, looks like HDR in BW, much better result, Ian! The MG must have the same lens formula as the Oly MjuII,
4 elements in 4 groups, but not as fast @f3.5, but a sharp lens!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:

Exactly like HDR, I like many of them! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

I think a lot of these compacts with 35mm lenses are pretty similar in performance and capabilities.

The Richof FF-9 is pretty similar to this MG, then I also have Konica MT-9 and A4 with 3.5.35 lenses, not tried those two yet. I bought the MG because unlike the FF-9, MT-9 and A4, it has manual ISo setting which is essential for me as I use bulk loaded film.