Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Difficulty in uploading Pics.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Difficulty in uploading Pics. Reply with quote

Once again having problems uploading pics,the instructions are minimal and frustrating and need to be more user friendly.Trying to upload jpeg of Adapta - matic instructions,gave in after many attempts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on "post reply"

A new window opens

Click on "Upload picture"

A new window opens

Click on "Browse"

A directory on your hard drive should open.

Go to the directory containing your picture.

Double click on your picture.

It's address (on your hard drive) should appear in the window.

Click on "send"

After a (short ?) wait you should see the picture.

Scroll down to the bottom.

Click on "standard".

You should see an mflenses url . In this demo ...

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20128/big_605_20100831JMMC__41_CROPREDMFL_2.jpg[im***g]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20128/605_20100831JMMC__41_CROPREDMFL_2.jpg[/img][/url]

without the asterisks.

Click on "Preview"

Is your picture there ?

Submit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sicho, I must be on a different site to you as I get none of the steps you advised.all I get is choose file,file selects,hit send,does not appear with text, picture will not appear any which way,there must be an easier way as this is crap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss

Perhap these screanshot will help.

PS - if your internet browser has POPUPs Blocked I think you will have problems.

There is one tricky part - when you click send the image is uploaded to the server but there is no code in your message to say [url=........[/url] for this you have to go to the bottom of the picture and click standard. Circled in the last screenshot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I use a Mac and do not see what you get on PC.Maybe it is time to change to different updated supplier for uploads as this one is seriously useless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get Chrome broswer on mac? As a web developer all I can say to you is : use it. Intertnet Explorer and Safari are the two most painful broswer to develop for. They do not use any standard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but no thanks,prefer to stay all Mac,also no relevance to posted subject.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid to say its exactly the same on mac here is a screenshot of my safari, I generally use chrome browser on the MAC

!st one is the single file upload the second is using the drag and drop uploader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Well I use a Mac and do not see what you get on PC.Maybe it is time to change to different updated supplier for uploads as this one is seriously useless.

Hi kryss

What do you get? Where are you getting stuck? There are many Mac users that may be able to help...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that Java is turned on in your mac
Open Spotlight (the magnifying glass at the top right
Type java preferences

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really worried about uploading pics as I do not post any of my work anywhere on the web,too busy with clients,however I do like to post material that may be of interest to other members, in this instance an original instruction sheet for Tamron Adapta-matic Adapters for all mounts. I appreciate all your advise but still only get "upload pic which I do it inserts file I hit send and nothing happens,so will not be wasting my time in future trying to upload pics or instruction sheets I may have.I do not know how old present system is but I am sure there has to be an easier way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps upload image dimensions are too large, over the limits set -- iirc, there is no error message.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I am not really worried about uploading pics as I do not post any of my work anywhere on the web,too busy with clients,however I do like to post material that may be of interest to other members, in this instance an original instruction sheet for Tamron Adapta-matic Adapters for all mounts. I appreciate all your advise but still only get "upload pic which I do it inserts file I hit send and nothing happens,so will not be wasting my time in future trying to upload pics or instruction sheets I may have.I do not know how old present system is but I am sure there has to be an easier way.

Instead of uploading them here, why not just host them at the site of your choosing, and use the [img]http://yourhosted picture.com[/img] funtion to show your picture, like this:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will repeat I do not post any of my work on web,all I wanted to do is upload a technical pamphlet that would have helped a forum member and as a paid up subscriber would expect to have no problems with a simple upload on my forum of choice,evidently not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with the present system, the issue must be at your end.

Some detailed posts above, have you read them carefully?

Is Java working on your Mac?

Chrome really is a lot better than IE or Safari, you should try it.

The suggestion to upload to somewhere like Flickr or Photobucket is also a good one.

There's an old saying - 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'

Seems to me you're stood on the bank looking at the river but won't wet yer lips...

P.S. Why won't you post your work?