Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-11 \ Tair 11-A photos thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Tair-11 \ Tair 11-A photos thread Reply with quote

Inspired by this thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/helios-44-xx-pics-add-yours-t29321.html

Which houses photos shot with Helios 44 lenses, I decided to make one for the Tair 11, which is unique due to the unusual focal length of the earlier version (133mm) and the extraordinarily large number of aperture blades (20) .

Share your photos! Smile

*All shot wide open, at f/2.8, no post processing except some resizing or RAW conversion...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post pictures without PP is pointless and ruin lens reputation instead of help to an old lens. Same lens will perform different on latest sensors than on 3-5 yrs old one, sensor size, camera settings also matter. PP is what help to make no difference taken was which camera and shows best face of lens. This site was born to make them popular, so don't hesitate to make proper presentation instead of shows raw unprocessed files. Processing is vital part of photography, same important or even more than point and shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are couple samples from Tair 11A taken with Olympus E-520 two years ago

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of a mish-mash of themes going on here....

IMG_0046 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Tair_11A_135mm_13 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Tair_11A_135mm_03 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

IMG_6358 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

60's-Fashion_164 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to see a mix of both processed and unprocessed photos, that way you can see the starting product, prior to performing any edits and you get to see what the lens is capable of after they've been taken.

A lens with good contrast and good colours "out of the box" is going to be more appealing than one without. You won't know this unless somebody posts unprocessed photos.

quick question, what are the differences between the jupiter 11 and the tair 11 in terms of lens design?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliten wrote:
what are the differences between the jupiter 11 and the tair 11 in terms of lens design?

jupiter 11
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_385.html

tair 11
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_45.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliten wrote:
I prefer to see a mix of both processed and unprocessed photos, that way you can see the starting product, prior to performing any edits and you get to see what the lens is capable of after they've been taken.

A lens with good contrast and good colours "out of the box" is going to be more appealing than one without. You won't know this unless somebody posts unprocessed photos.

Heh, I'm not sure many will do that, although I could be wrong.

I thought the point of this thread was to show the lens off with good images?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
enliten wrote:

Heh, I'm not sure many will do that, although I could be wrong.

I thought the point of this thread was to show the lens off with good images?

I believe so as well, but I think it should be good images produced by the photographer, the camera, and the lens, and not by photoshop or lightroom... some of the character of many lenses is found in the things that one might be tempted to correct in PP...

But I didn't post any limitations, so feel free to post any Tair-11 \ Tair-11A shots, corrected or not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need my arm twisted to post images from this great lens. Although some or all have been posted before, here are some of my favorites from my Tair-11...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked woodrim again! Superb pictures , especially portrait , beautiful young lady , photographed very well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Woodrim. I like the flying birds most.
here's mine..Edited in Irfanview, resize, auto color. autosharp. (No big different in original picts, I edited just for use in web, so it look like the real one)