Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 50 f4 P6 is here.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Zeiss 50 f4 P6 is here. Reply with quote

That was quick-the seller shipped Monday. It was dark when I got home, so I shot a few in the house with the D300 and Nikon-P6 tilt adapter. I'm impressed with the lens-good image quality. The lens was as as described-just about perfect. It almost looks new.

Tilting allowed me to get the cd recorder in focus when shooting at an angle-f/11.

Nice color saturation, but f/4 is still too much DOF sometimes.

It focuses down to .5 meters. On a crop camera, it can do light duty macro. Here's one of my Russian watches. Lens was tilted a bit to get the whole dial in focus at f/5.6.

Sellers pic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best medium format wide angle lens, even 10X more price you can't find better. Try it with film Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Try it with film Wink

Hi Attila. Yes the plan is to shoot a roll of film with it mounted to my Pentax 645 this weekend.

I got home before dark and shot some in the flowerbed and courtyard today. I'm liking the lens more and more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best set ! Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the watch again with a 14mm extension tube. With tilt, I can now shoot close ups of my watches and get the whole dial in focus.