Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 3.5/70-210 and Nikon D800
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 3.5/70-210 and Nikon D800 Reply with quote

Got few days ago from david (Leitax) a special mount for the Angenieux lens and today i converted it.

Below few shots with this lens and Nikon D800 all wide open at ISO 100

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely to me on the basis of these images.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bokeh is "strange"
but sharpness is fine and the final picture is pleasant

A lens i wish i could find

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the bokeh. Seems that the lens is optimized for sharpness and not for smooth bokeh what is not a surprise with a start aperture of f/3.5

Below another sample 50 % cropped where you can see how sharp the image is. Wide open too. Click on the image for large view. That is to my mind prime lens standard.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpness is amazing, bokeh isn't. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last of the dog shots is my fav.

The bokeh your lens show, is what i´ve seen in most samples - not the creamy side of it, but nevertheless i imagine it is fun to use this legend and the results are still top class - enjoy it

an overall impression is hard to be given, because you have our own style(s) of processing ( highly regarded and nice to look at ) and this processing here reminds me at your Leica tele shots in your garden.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the performance of the lens - especially considering it's a zoom lens on an unforgiving sensor - seem pretty amazing.
Then there's PP, resize, whatever, but I don't think it's possible to get such good pics on a d800 with a less than excellent lens.
The puppy is really lovely.