Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

makinon lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: makinon lenses Reply with quote

In the 80's, the argentines consumers knew Hoya and Makinon lenses. The first with good reputation and Makinon in different way.
Anyone with experiense in wide angle makinon?

Thanks.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Makinons I've had were zooms, not good ones either.

In wide angles, the Hoya HMC 2.8/28 is excellent, same lens as the Tokina RMC 2.8/28. The Hoya HMC/Tokina RMC 2.8/24 is excellent too. They are both cheap, the 28 is very common, the 24 is quite hard to find.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Only Makinons I've had were zooms, not good ones either.

In wide angles, the Hoya HMC 2.8/28 is excellent, same lens as the Tokina RMC 2.8/28. The Hoya HMC/Tokina RMC 2.8/24 is excellent too. They are both cheap, the 28 is very common, the 24 is quite hard to find.

I'm glad to hear your confirmation that the Hoya and Tokina are the same lens. I've been looking for the Tokina RMC 2.8/24 for a while now and recently bought this Hoya instead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you iangreenhalgh1.

I read somewhere that the hoya 28/2,8 is in the same level than rokkor one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that 24mm Eddie, really good lens, I only sold it because I never used it due to have the even better Konica Hexanon 2.8/24.

I have a Minolta Rokkor-SG 3.5/28 and it's a really good lens, better than all other 28mms I have tried apart from the Konica 3.5/28.

The Hoya/Tokina 2.8/28 is not far behind, I'd rank it as highly as the Pentacon 2.8/28 and Yashica ML 2.8/28, better than the Canon FD 2.8/28.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 28 mm lenses, the common 7/7 formula is better than the 5/5 one.
on that way, the older SG roklor are netter than the newer md 28/2,8.
The old 28/3,5 hexanon is more sharp than the latest 5/5 elements lens.
the hexanon 24/2,8 is very good lens, only a bit prone to flare. With my copy i had to use an original shade (very nice metal hood made for the 254 and 28the lenses).

Rino.[/i]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Hexanon 3.5/28 I have is the old 7 elements one, as is the Rokkor.

I have the Hexar 3.5/28 with 5 elements and it is good, but not as good as the Hexanon and Rokkor.

I have the first version of the Hexanon 2.8/24, I haven't had any flare issues with it, but it is rare to have very bright sunlight here in England Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Makinon about 35-70 although well engineered was optically crap, the 28mm f2.8 I have is quite good and took it to Spain once and the results were good.........but do have a bit sharper 28mms.

Makinon 28mm f2.8 on film from low supermarket original scan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Excalibur.

Good contrast. Enough sharp to me. Nice pic.

Good lens.

Rino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Tokina 24mm and it was really rubbish. Probably a dodgy copy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I had a Tokina 24mm and it was really rubbish. Probably a dodgy copy.

The 28mm version I had was rubbish too, sold it last month. Haven't found a replacement yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two Hoya HMC 2.8/28s and three Tokina RMC 2.8/28s, all five were very good, although two of the Tokinas were a bit lower in contrast, they were a bit older, so I expect they had different coatings.

I only had one copy of the Hoya 2.8/24 and it was a belter, wish I could have kept it but I sold it for a sizable profit to find buying something else I needed more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a Tokina RMC 2.8/28 in M42 I'd forgotten about. It has a fine coating of fungus in the rear group. If anyone wants it, you can have it for the postage.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I just found a Tokina RMC 2.8/28 in M42 I'd forgotten about. It has a fine coating of fungus in the rear group. If anyone wants it, you can have it for the postage.
I'll take it Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the fungus will clean up, the lens has to be better than the one I used to have.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both the Hoya 24mm and 28mm. Solid construction and sharp enough, but they both lack in contrast, that's why I sold them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop me a PM Gary if you want it.

I never had any contrast issues with the Hoyas on my NEX-3, I found them to have really good coatings.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Hoya 24 2.8 with the OM1 a few weeks ago, it looks like a nicely built lens, and the very few pictures - maybe 4 - I took on the first roll through the OM1 look very good. It's a lens I want to keep and use some more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's some video of a 28mm makinon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNgczUuFDA