Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Summicron-R 2/90mm and Nikon D700
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Leica Summicron-R 2/90mm and Nikon D700 Reply with quote

Hallo Pascal,

many many thanks for providing me with this fine lens. Got it today and below the first test shot in the garden with D700 wide open.

D700 & Leica Summicron-R 2/90mm (latest version)

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Leica Summicron-R 2/90mm and Nikon D700 Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hallo Pascal,

many many thanks for providing me with this fine lens. Got it today and below the first test shot in the garden with D700 wide open.

D700 & Leica Summicron-R 2/90mm (latest version)

Wink

You are welcome Rolf Very Happy ....and this first shot is great, lovely rendering!
This lens has quite a bad reputation or at least not so good reputation as the elmarit, I realy don't know why but may be it will be a good idea to compare the summicron with the elmarit Idea .....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer my summicron to my elmarit. True, the elmarit is noticeably sharper, but the summicron just does beautiful things with light, especially when shooting portraits. It extracts fine detail without shoving it in your face.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
I prefer my summicron to my elmarit. True, the elmarit is noticeably sharper, but the summicron just does beautiful things with light, especially when shooting portraits. It extracts fine detail without shoving it in your face.

+ 1 Sharpness isn't all where I believe starting at f/4 or f/5.6 both lenses are sharp on an equal level.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth rendering , nice bokeh!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought I would illustrate how this lens performs. This was shot wide open after sunset as the light was practically gone. It's cropped a little as the bottom and top was completely dark and didn't add much. It's also saved by the grace of RAW but it still shows a little how the summicron performs at infinity wide open, even tho it was designed as a portrait lens. It renders very small detail, but it does it in a smooth way.

#2 very small crop