Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lindsay Wildlife Museum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Lindsay Wildlife Museum Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I took in the Lindsay Wildlife Museum here in Walnut Creek, California. The museum houses injured birds which cannot return to the wild. It also has a fox and does educational outreach. All the shots were indoors, so they're fairly high ISO, but the results weren't shabby. Pentax K-7, of course, and the lens was my Quantaray (Tamrom) 70-300 mm. Some of these shots may have been AF, but the AF wasn't doing so hot in the low light, so mostly I think I used MF.

How much stress must this mouse live with every day knowing it's in a museum filled with owls, hawks, and a fox?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had fun Smile I love number 7!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really great museum and a lot of fun, you're right. Those aren't even all the residents, either. And they do a decent amount of public outreach and accept injured wildlife for rehabilitation.