Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji 200 / Bill's XA2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Fuji 200 / Bill's XA2 Reply with quote

Thank you Bill for the XA2. The consumer Fuji 200 in the XA2 came out yellow-brownish in the drugstore scans, while the Fuji 160S in the Ricoh came out without an apparent cast - both were in the minilab at the same time.

United Palace by Nesster, on Flickr

GWB with the XA2 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your trouble with the cast, but the lens is not a half-bad performer, either.

Nice pix from first roll!

It's a stealth camera, looking forward to more of your street work. Late afternoon, Arista Premium
400 to either 640 or 800 (so the meter stops down in low light) HC-110, and I think you'll like
the results. If not, don't blame me! Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just two days ago I bought a 4-pack of Fuji 200, too. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I've been meaning to do just that, and will go put the fast film in right now Laughing

With the slower film I got some too-slow shutter speeds in shady situations. I know: my mother warned me about shady situations...

Ipanema Bar - Discount Liquor by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this last one, and the camera has thumbwheel advance, therefore doesn't have that bar blender
sound of the Ricoh FF's auto-advance. Wink

expired TriX (3/96) to 800, HC-110E 10 mins, 20C, with XA2

and AP400>800 using Diafine

My next AP400 roll thru an XA2 will be back with HC-110, the me-too Legacy Pro stuff I recently bought.

The XA3 meters to 1600, but there's a high count of issues with that camera for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results there Bill! I agree with the stealth factor, but that dang red shutter button takes a bit of getting used to...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shutter button is one of my fave things about the camera, and is a muffled little click. I'm sure
you will get the hang of it. I've gotten some pointers from folk that know this camera much better
and they suggest to avoid the middle setting. For best sharpness shoot at mountain setting or for
close in, the top setting. Sharpness at the middle setting (4 feet to inifinity) is so-so, at best, and
concur with pictures to prove their advice. Looking forward to seeing your BW work!

Something to peruse, really like this guy's BW work with the XA4:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alapan/sets/72157612766051489/with/3794244386/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. BTW I didn't notice the ASA set to 800 when I started with the Fuji 200... a bit of post processing and the results are not half bad.

DVD VIDEO by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very decent result for metering 200 @ 800.