Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Pen 50-90/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Olympus Pen 50-90/3.5 Reply with quote

I bought this lens on eBay a couple of weeks ago and took a few pictures yesterday evening and this morning. The lens seems a bit long and heavy but the diameter is surprisingly small. The mfd is too long for my taste. You can't really isolate your subject because of the rather small maximum aperture of f3.5 throughout the zoom range. You do get some isolation at 90mm fully open with careful framing. My sample seems better at 90mm than at 50mm. I had high hopes for this zoom. It is a bit limited but I think it produces beautiful images.

The samples below are all from my Sony NEX-5N JPG Vivid ISO 400 with no post processing. I don't have a hood, or actually I do (from my 60/1.5) but I didn't realize it until now.

#1 90mm f8 1/30s

#2 (doesn't handle flare too well)

#3 90mm f5.6

#4 50mm f3.5 (I think)

#5 50mm f11

#9 90mm f3.5

#11 50mm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!!! I like those images. The 50/90 had have very good reputation in the 60'sconsumer and is obvius why. Very sharp and good contrast. You have a nice lens.

Rino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rino!

Btw, check out the "Modern Photography 11/67" lens test. Not bad compared to the primes!