Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Three lenses Reply with quote

Three pictures, all taken on Pentax K10D in fairly quick succession on a dull, wet evening: one with a highly regarded macro lens made in the 1990s; one with a highly regarded telephoto made in the 1950s (and now scratched and a bit misty inside); one with a cheap plasticy AF zoom made two years ago, whose front wobbles alarmingly when zoomed out to full length and which doesn't have much of a reputation . . .

Shot as PEF files, all at f8, processed similarly in Capture1. I can identify the zoom on my screen at home, but - honestly - it's by no means greatly inferior to the other two. Well, not at this distance Very Happy

I'm not going to ask folks to waste time guessing what the lenses are - in ABC order they're Leitz Hektor 135/4.5; Pentax 50-200mm zoom; Tamron 90/2.5 SP. Anyone care to say which took what? No prizes!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron, Hector, zoom in that order.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of which lens took which image, I love them all....but the first one I like the most.Now will I guess which lens took which image...not on your life. Laughing I will leave that to the experts. I think raindrops and flowers just go together.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Tamron, Hector, zoom in that order.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom, Hector, Tamron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thres. But the hektor has thr premium in iq, I guess.

Rino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Zoom, Hector, Tamron

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for ideas and comments, everyone !

#1 is Tamron, #2 is zoom, #3 is Hektor.

I think the 50-200 zoom works pretty well at distances between 2 meters and 10 meters, but you can tell the difference closer in and further away, especially at full aperture ! #2 was taken using the autofocus which is usually more reliable than my eyesight Very Happy