Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apo Lanthar 90mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Apo Lanthar 90mm Reply with quote

I have a (Cosina) Voigtlander Apo Lanthar 90mm f3.5 Leica screw fitting lens which I've been playing with on a Lumix G1 which I bought on eBay at a silly cheap price. For the adapter to put it on M4/3 mount, I paid the utterly outrageous price of £3.89 including postage from Hong Kong.

This was taken yesterday evening, dull and raining, distance around 4ft/1.5 meters:

This one was at 3 ft/1 meter, which is as close as the lens focuses on its own:

This was taken indoors with the lens on a bellows: the centre circle in the flower the picture is about 20mm in diameter. It's a cactus of some sort which has lived outdoors in a seed tray for the last five years and never done a thing (except survive!) until this summer.

I think it does quite well as a macro lens on M4/3. It's actually quite handy on a short extension tube, much more so than on a bellows - although to be sure of getting the focus dead right you do need to use a tripod.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a great lens! I have this lens with a Voigtländer LTM to M adapter ring connected to a Hawk's helicoid adapter (acts as an extension tube if needed) M to E-mount. Very handy! I don't know if there is an helicoid adapter available for M4/3 though.

Did you use the on-board flash for these?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect pictures
you´re right, this lens is underrated. It is the first lens i bought from 3rd party for my NEX. I think its only disadvantage is the long thin barrel, making it difficult to balance on a small cam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Images!

Great lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharp images. Great lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments and observations - it is indeed a nice lens.

Pontus - I used three lights to take this shot, not flash. A ring-flash might be handy, though.