Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135mm 2.8 preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Pentacon 135mm 2.8 preset Reply with quote

After making a clean, much more sharp.
This lens has surprised me, and an excellent bokeh.
takes made f2.8 - the model, Tigra. My dog boxer

Greetings, sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey !

It's a very good lens. And the pic tell us that.

Very nice lady.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the many blades in the diaphragm, the highlights are always circular. Most people just use it wide open so the amount of blades becomes irrelevant. I tend to use F4-5.6 mainly.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens, beautiful boxer Smile I used to have one called Bruno (the dog that is, not the lens! I do have a Pentacon too, but I haven't named it Laughing )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb sample! This is my all time favorite lens I rate higher than most other 135mm lens including Contax 135mm and Olympus 135mm f2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Beautiful lens, beautiful boxer Smile I used to have one called Bruno (the dog that is, not the lens! I do have a Pentacon too, but I haven't named it Laughing )

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Great lens Reply with quote

This is a very good lens.It's small,very solid and fast(2.Cool. I use it when i go hiking or just don't want to carry heavier lens.
The bokeh is pretty nice, as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to get one of these... the OOF area is always so nice. Any one know how much smaller/lighter than the Tair 11A this Pentacon is?

I love my Tair but it seems big and heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Superb sample! This is my all time favorite lens I rate higher than most other 135mm lens including Contax 135mm and Olympus 135mm f2.8.

So what made the auto version worse?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gus,
The Pentacon is lighter and smaller than Tair11a and it's a newer conception than Tair's= So:

Weight - Tair11a 600gr - Pentacon 515
Barrel lenght - Tair - 110mm - Pentacon 89mm
Diameter - tair 70mm - pentacon 60mm.
In fact i haven't use this Tair but i have an expereince with other Tairs. They very heavy lenses, very solid but sometimes it's too heavy to have a steady image with such a heavy lens. I mean that i use Tair 300...You don't need a fitness card when you own Tair 300 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said befor that the pic is very nice. And really it is for me.

But in lens question, I prefer the MC CZJ 3,5/135.

It's lighter and smaller tha pentacon. Has more contrast, a bit sharp and, over

all, the zeiss colors!!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

It has about half the number of diaphragm blades.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

It has about half the number of diaphragm blades.

It could be around 6 blades - depending on the state of preservation of the lens.

The preset ones have much more blades. Too many to count ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 6 vs. 15.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinSmith99
Quote:
Because of the many blades in the diaphragm, the highlught are always circular. Most people just use it wide open so the amount of blades becomes irrelevant. I tend to use F4-5.6 mainly.

I do not think af 2.8 the diaphragm is irrelevant, as is clearly noted in the circular bokeh, and the background is more creamy. A f5.6 is much more sharp and the background is even more detail but what makes it stand out not only the PP is the focus, but the difference with the background Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: consulta Reply with quote

como estas ? sabes si tuviste que modificar algo del espejo para usarlo enla canon 5d? Gracias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: pentacon 135 2.8 preset Reply with quote

No hace falta modificar nada.
ES un lente que presenta en algunos casos "defectos" que son solo por envejecimiento del Balsamo Canadiense que une los elementos, Defecto que desaparece al ponerlo en luz UV.
Yo le he hecho con el mio y la definicion aumento muchisimo.
Hoy tengo un 135 f2 L y la sorpresa fue darme cuenta que el Pentacon estaba muy cerca .
Si sabes de alguien por estos lados lo tengo en venta.
SAludos
Sergio

Last edited by francotirador on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Pentacon