Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fish traps show (NEX-7 & Sony 50mm 1.8)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Fish traps show (NEX-7 & Sony 50mm 1.8) Reply with quote

Today has been my first holiday's day.
Prior to travelling, a few days to relax.
In the afternoon my wife and me went walking to the village center and found a nice handcraftship fair.
People baking artisan bread, other selling homemade cheese and sausages, etc.
In one booth there was a show about the history of the fish traps used in the village along the years.

Some shots of the show:

The bread makers:

The sausages:

The sweets and candies:

A nice day to walk, not sunny at all:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a pity no sun Sad nice series but without good light IQ just not good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good start of the holidays!
Enjoy your free time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
what a pity no sun Sad nice series but without good light IQ just not good.

Thanks, Attila, today sun is shining at its top Wink
But the fair is gone... Sad

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
That is a good start of the holidays!
Enjoy your free time.

Thanks Minolfan!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely series and it looks like a nice place to holiday.I love the last image with the modern crane and the old buildings...it is so out of place.
How long have you had the Nex 7? ...and I look forward to seeing more images from your holiday... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely interesting pics Jes. With places like that where you live, why would you want to go on holiday anywhere else? Smile

What's your impression of the NEX-7?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fair series, interesting and colorful
seems you find the ultimate body ( until next year Laughing )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
A lovely series and it looks like a nice place to holiday.I love the last image with the modern crane and the old buildings...it is so out of place.
How long have you had the Nex 7? ...and I look forward to seeing more images from your holiday... Cool

Hi Mo, thanks for your comment. Actually is where I live, but unfortunately I have to conmute every day to Barcelona for work, so I practically don't enjoy the place except for the weekends and the holidays. Now in crisis time I can spend some days here like if I were a visitor Wink.

@Mo and Peter:

I got the NEX-7 a few days ago. I replaced iit by my NEX-5 (an impulse), a friend of mine didn't like his NEX-7 and wanted to sell to replace by a Fuji XPRO-1, so I took the opportunity and got it cheap. My NEX-5 went cheaply and quickly to another colleague Smile

So far I'm not very impressed with the NEX-7. It behaves very much like the NEX-5 as per manual lenses is related. Also the menues and the LCD screen, the size and handling ar not far from the NEX-5. The EVF is a plus, I was using a Hoodman to be able to look at the screen on brigh days, this one is much more confortable. The two wheels at the top right are convenient but my right thumb trends to make them move inexpectedly.

On the sensor size and quality is where I find an improvement: those 24Mpix are good to have unlimitted options to crop. In my oopinion, the RAW output is far better than the one at the NEX-5, I can't see the quick degradation I noticed when manipulating them with LightRoom (in the NEX-5 I always had to pass a quite strong noise reduction step).

I got it with the 50mm 1.8 Sony AF lens, that seems to be not bad.

I have to try the cam extensively, (specially with MF lenses) yet. A nice oppotunity having holidays now Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Lovely interesting pics Jes. With places like that where you live, why would you want to go on holiday anywhere else? Smile

What's your impression of the NEX-7?

That's right Peter, living here is like having won the lottery Wink
Anyway I like to see different places, this year we'll spend a few days around Lyon (my son has to be there the 24th of July to pick the new flat for the next year at the INSA), so we'll take him there by car and will go to visit the area.
(Who knows?. If my son finds a girlfriend there and ends working and living in France, maybe we retire there as well Wink ).

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes,
Thanks for your opinion on the Nex 7.Peter allowed me to try his Nex 7 while he was here (I was too scared to touch it...Laughing ).I was very impressed with the size of the camera itself, I was thinking it was tiny.The lcd display intimidated me a little with the overwhelming info that was displayed on it.

You are very lucky to live there! Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting series Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lovely series of images, you've captured the essence of the local area through the fair. I enjoyed looking at the set.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
So far I'm not very impressed with the NEX-7. It behaves very much like the NEX-5 as per manual lenses is related. Also the menues and the LCD screen, the size and handling ar not far from the NEX-5. The EVF is a plus, I was using a Hoodman to be able to look at the screen on brigh days, this one is much more confortable. The two wheels at the top right are convenient but my right thumb trends to make them move inexpectedly.

On the sensor size and quality is where I find an improvement: those 24Mpix are good to have unlimitted options to crop. In my oopinion, the RAW output is far better than the one at the NEX-5, I can't see the quick degradation I noticed when manipulating them with LightRoom (in the NEX-5 I always had to pass a quite strong noise reduction step).

I got it with the 50mm 1.8 Sony AF lens, that seems to be not bad.

I have to try the cam extensively, (specially with MF lenses) yet. A nice oppotunity having holidays now Smile

Jes.

Hi Jes, I felt the same for the first few days but I'm loving the camera now and I bet you will too. I don't have a problem with the two dial wheels, but I keep inadvertantly pressing the video button - I wish there was a way to disable it, maybe there is but I haven't found it yet. I haven't got into customising the functions on the various buttons yet, I'm hoping Carsten might be able to help when he has a spare moment! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito,
What a funny avatar you have now! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Hi Jes,
Thanks for your opinion on the Nex 7.Peter allowed me to try his Nex 7 while he was here (I was too scared to touch it...Laughing ).I was very impressed with the size of the camera itself, I was thinking it was tiny.The lcd display intimidated me a little with the overwhelming info that was displayed on it.

Yes, the small body does contain a powerful soul Wink
I got also impressed for such big amount of info, but if you spend some time learning what they mean, at the end all makes sense... (And if it doesn¡t, you can always switch it off Wink ).

mo wrote:
You are very lucky to live there! Embarassed

Thanks, I'm grateful to life for it. Hope you can come here sometime Smile

SonicScot wrote:
An interesting series Very Happy

Glad you like it, Gary.
Thanks for commenting!

Lloydy wrote:
That's a lovely series of images, you've captured the essence of the local area through the fair. I enjoyed looking at the set.

Thanks for commenting, Lloydy!. Glad you enjoyed them, this is a very busy vacation area, all the time we have things like these for visitors enjoyement... Smile

peterqd wrote:

Hi Jes, I felt the same for the first few days but I'm loving the camera now and I bet you will too. I don't have a problem with the two dial wheels, but I keep inadvertantly pressing the video button - I wish there was a way to disable it, maybe there is but I haven't found it yet. I haven't got into customising the functions on the various buttons yet, I'm hoping Carsten might be able to help when he has a spare moment! Smile

Hi Peter,
Day by day I have less fear to this small alien. I'll try to read the manual these days... (what a unusual activity Wink )
I tried the 300mm f5.6 Tokina (that I don't consider an outstanding lens) and the results really surprised me: some 3D effect, excellent colouring, good sharpness...
This is a sample:

I look forward for your samples and your reports from the aussies Wink

Minolfan wrote:
Jesito,
What a funny avatar you have now! Smile

Thanks, Minolfan, glad you like it. It's the rewind knob from a Edixa Reflex camera that I'm just trying. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me the funny face emoticon Smile
And it was time to replace the old avatar...