Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian microscope MBS-10 lens, F=90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Russian microscope MBS-10 lens, F=90 Reply with quote

I've just found russian microscope MBS-10 in my new rented flat. Some information about this device here http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=9. Some parts are lost (backlight and may be something else) and I cannot use it. So I mounted its lens to an old bellows and took some shots Smile

Some information about this lens from link above:
6 optical elements assembly with 90 mm. focusing distance. Allows working space between the bottom of the lens and the specimen about 85 mm. Depending on the combination of drum position in Main Unit and eyepieces installed in the Head provides system magnification within the range 4.5x - 100x, and linear field of vision within 2.5 - 40 mm. limits. Objective lens body supports

Some shots:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool find!

How would that be? Like an apartment warming present! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the haze and the smooth background blur.

Can you cut a cardboard circle so we can see some stopped down examples?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliten wrote:
Can you cut a cardboard circle so we can see some stopped down examples?

Good idea. I'll try to do it tomorrow.
Also for experiment I mounted this lens to a m42 liner to get maximum focusing distance and took the shot with 1.5mm hole.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Some shots are stopped down approximately to 8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty nice , look unique finger print, I love them! Thanks for sharing it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pretty nice , look unique finger print, I love them! Thanks for sharing it!

Thank you for your comment Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan, this thing has got some real character Smile