Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Structure
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Structure Reply with quote

Here it is

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was off-put, thinking it was over exposed. Seeing the whole image and recognizing the spiral staircase on a fuel tank, giving the image a context, helped me appreciate it. Now, I'm just absolutely in awe of this shot. Well captured and superb use of black and white with high contrast.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't like it at first but now say congrats, but I have a suspicious mind and sometimes think with similar shots.... did the photographer make a cockup that turned out ok or was it a deliberate attempt to portray something different. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Sorin.

This is an image which I would hang it at the right place with the right frame at a wall.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shot, although if it was mine, I would crop more of the sky area. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!
Much appreciated your comments!

@ David - I had the highlights under control, meaning that I measured them all the time, white is # 254
@ Excalibur - I've seen it like that in my mind for a long time but as usual I didn't have time to get to the other end of the island at the proper hour to get the picture.
@Rolf - I'm thinking at a canvas. What do you think?
@DigiChromeEd - It's already cropped. Heavily. The tank itself is 2/3 of the whole frame. The sides are equal. I work with rulers in PS.

Last edited by Himself on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what would happen if you cropped more of the sky out? as for me the interest/focus is all on the stairs,if it was cropped would it bring the stairs more into focus (stand out from the frame)?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comment Mo!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats - you made an outstanding picture
regarding the way you wanna print: on canvas it is safer, no glass flying around when the tank explodes Smile beeing more serious - on canvas you loose these fine parts that makes it, if you do not print it 1 x 2m and regard it from min 5m distance. In a normal size, lets say 50 cm x 90 cm or smaller, you get more satisfying result on semi matte paper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thomas! I`m glad you passed by.
I wear goggles. Safety goggles. Razz
Canvas, gallery wrap would be expensive for a 24X36 inches. More than that I don`t know any lab in Montreal that is doing canvas. Last ones, canvases, I had them ordered from canvasondemand in US. Shipping is a killer.
As for prints, here is what I did with the last one:
I purchased this cow from Ikea Very Happy

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90208944/

Hardboard, almost 1cm thick, good value given the sort of hooks on the back. I glued the the print/matte paper on it using a 3M spray glue with a slow action.
Now, the hooking system consists of 4 hooks/square metal supports of about 2cm high centered in the middle. On the wall gives a nice floating appearence. I think I`ll try the same thing. Not a fan of glass and frames.