Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Monitor 620 100mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Kodak Monitor 620 100mm f4.5 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice camera with excellent lens, congrats. Built like a battleship too!

Look forward to some shots from this dreadnought!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built quality pretty awesome indeed, I love it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some features are copied from Nagel Vollenda originals I think, like the struts and bracing.
Kodak learned something from Nagel.

The shutter was I think the best in the world at the time.
The Supermatic is very, very reliable, long lasting, and very easy to fix.
Beats the Compurs for reliability.

Compurs - Slow and sticky Compurs need to be opened for lubrication. Front plate and, usually, the rim plate need to be removed to get at the works properly.
Rim-set Compurs can be tricky to disassemble, there are bits that pop out of position when you take off the front ring. Putting everything back correctly can be frustrating.
The slow speed clockwork needs lubrication, but you have to be careful lubricating them, as the oil very easily migrates to the shutter blades.
Sometimes for no reason springs get displaced and its a problem figuring out what happened.

Supermatic - Take off the front and rear lens cells, and you can get at the works.
Wash it out with naptha, and 90 % of the time thats all you need.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, and should be a superior folder lens. Too bad Kodak did that 620 thing, otherwise these really are the tops.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want a 616 version of this camera to shoot the 70mm Fujichrome I have.

Sadly I can't afford one for the time being.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kodak-Monitor-Six-16-Leather-Case-Hard-Case-Weston-Exposure-Meter-/190699102356?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item2c668d6094#ht_673wt_1163

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Some features are copied from Nagel Vollenda originals I think, like the struts and bracing.
Kodak learned something from Nagel.

The shutter was I think the best in the world at the time.
The Supermatic is very, very reliable, long lasting, and very easy to fix.
Beats the Compurs for reliability.

Compurs - Slow and sticky Compurs need to be opened for lubrication. Front plate and, usually, the rim plate need to be removed to get at the works properly.
Rim-set Compurs can be tricky to disassemble, there are bits that pop out of position when you take off the front ring. Putting everything back correctly can be frustrating.
The slow speed clockwork needs lubrication, but you have to be careful lubricating them, as the oil very easily migrates to the shutter blades.
Sometimes for no reason springs get displaced and its a problem figuring out what happened.

Supermatic - Take off the front and rear lens cells, and you can get at the works.
Wash it out with naptha, and 90 % of the time thats all you need.

I can confirm shutter very accurate and I doubt it was cla'd due fungus on lens.