Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EF 80-200 2.8 L
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Canon EF 80-200 2.8 L Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 80-200 f/2.8L. Someone with experience with this lens to tell me if it is normal to lose much sharpness in the corners?

This is a JPG of reference, the lowest quality. RAW + jpg. Without retouch, offcourse.
Photography has lost a lot color to upload to the site

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know corners but it's not sharp at all.
To me it looks front focused and moved a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:

+1 focus not on her face and DOF not enough to get sharp image.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasse:
Double click on the image to view high quality

Attila wrote:
Himself wrote:

+1 focus not on her face and DOF not enough to get sharp image.

The focus on the middle is excellent, but I have to face the very soft. In this case, not hurts me, because the model has many brands of acne.
I'll upload a photo in high quality to be noticeable. The lens is parallel to the ground. Not inclined.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Canon EF 80-200 2.8 L Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
I recently purchased a 80-200 f/2.8L. Someone with experience with this lens to tell me if it is normal to lose much sharpness in the corners?

I's impossible to say if the corners are losing sharpness, there's nothing in the corners. Smile

For what it's worth, I agree with the others regarding front-focus/soft face. but if that's what you want, well that's just fine. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon EF 80-200 2.8 L Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
francotirador wrote:

I's impossible to say if the corners are losing sharpness, there's nothing in the corners. Smile

For what it's worth, I agree with the others regarding front-focus/soft face. but if that's what you want, well that's just fine. Very Happy

In this case, yes, okay. But I think the lens is dirty. I want to know if anyone with experience tell me if this effect is common to this model or should have a more balanced sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to proceed to a front/back focus test . Seems to me frontfocused .
http://focustestchart.com/chart.html