Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XR Rikenon 50mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: XR Rikenon 50mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

I have found this Ricoh XR-2s with a Rikenon 50mm f/1.4 selling for 25 euro (shipping included), so ... i bought it. Some scratches on it, but in fully working condition.
No "real" photos with it yet, just a few quick test shots

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results. I think the XR Rikenons are rebadged M Pentaxes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Not all of them; not even most of them. http://www.drricoh.de/Rikenon/index.html

AFAIK, only Rikenon 200/4 and Rikenon XR 28/3.5 are Pentax M in disguise. 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 135mm are all original designs. 300mm/4.5 APO is probably a Sigma; the 16mm fisheye is definitely a Sigma in disguise. The 105mm Macro is a rebadged Kiron.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos taken by the camera lens looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Not all of them; not even most of them. http://www.drricoh.de/Rikenon/index.html

AFAIK, only Rikenon 200/4 and Rikenon XR 28/3.5 are Pentax M in disguise. 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 135mm are all original designs. 300mm/4.5 APO is probably a Sigma; the 16mm fisheye is definitely a Sigma in disguise. The 105mm Macro is a rebadged Kiron.

That's good to know. I see Ricoh lenses for peanuts often that intrigue me for use on my Pentax film bodies, are there any Ricohs you would recommend I seek out?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens in Rollei mount, not used it yet myself but if you would like to try it Ian I'll send it to you to play with Laughing

EDIT: sorry just remembered I converted it to Alpha mount Embarassed but you're still welcome lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
That's good to know. I see Ricoh lenses for peanuts often that intrigue me for use on my Pentax film bodies, are there any Ricohs you would recommend I seek out?

I have quite a few of them. Rikenon 28/2.8 (XR and P versions are the same) is good, but SMC Pentax-M 28/2.8 is a better lens. Same goes for Rikenon 35/2.8, although I did not do a direct comparison with SMC Pentax version. The 50/2 is dirt cheap and very common; single-coated but very sharp; XR version is built better than later variations (of which there were many, 'P' being the latest). It's worth a try. The 50/1.7 is a better lens, comparable to SMC Pentax-M counterpart (I only tested the XR version). 50/1.4 is different between XR and P versions; both are VERY nice lenses and worth looking for. Note that they are often available under "MC Sears" label - "MC Sears 50/1.4" in Pentax K mount is exactly the same lens as Rikenon XR 50/1.4 (I had both - they *are* one lens).

The 105/2.8 Rikenon P is Kiron built, so it's worth having. The 135/2.8 XR is only so-so (decent sharpness only from f/4 onwards; 2.8 is softish with lower contrast). Rikenon XR 200/4 is the same as SMC Pentax-M 200/4 (I have both; there is slight difference in focusing barrel, but optics and coatings are the same).

To sum it up, try getting any of the 50mm's, they're worth it - especially the 1.4 versions (and 1.7, too). 28mm and 35mm are good but not brilliant IMO; better than third-party lenses but not quite up to SMC Pentax-M standards. 28/3.5 and 200/4 are SMC Pentax-M lenses in disguise - grab them. The 135/2.8 is probably a pass.