Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 2/85 1963 LZOS on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 2/85 1963 LZOS on NEX-3 Reply with quote

I love this lens, almost perfect, just a little lower in contrast but that is so simple to fix in PP it's not really a downside and on BW film it's not a problem either. There is the tiniest bit of CA on the brightest highlights in #1, but most lenses will do that in such bright light, I haven't seen any CA on other shots with this lens so it's not an issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of them! My favorite lens too!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. The rare bright sunshine helped. Ever since I got this lens it's been in my camera bag, it goes everywhere with me, 85mm is a nicer length on NEX than 135mm I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best bang for buck portrait lenses you can find, nice samples Smile Contrast is its weak point though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24ukp for this one and it's in great condition, barrel is spotless. It has a strange staining about 2mm wide around the edge of the front element which is why it was so cheap, but it has no effect on the IQ. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images. One of my dreamed lenses. All the pics seem portraits of people and things

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey that's a bargain! I had to stump up £40 for mine Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Crikey that's a bargain! I had to stump up £40 for mine Laughing

My first black RF was 57 UKP , I sold it and nice buyer did return it in two pieces Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really lucky (and had some great help from Attila) in finding my Russian lenses cheap. The J9 i found in the UK, from a well known ebay seller, everyone else ignored it because of that staining round the edge. I've only found one lens where damage to the front element spoilt the IQ and that was a Hexanon with a gouge in the glass like it had been hit with a hammer and chisel. So I gambled and won. No idea what the staining is, not seen anything like it before, but I forget it's even there now as the lens works fine.