Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk in the mountains with nex5n and kit lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: A walk in the mountains with nex5n and kit lens Reply with quote

I took the chance of a religious holiday in my town, to have a walk in the mountains with some friends, and I brought my sony nex 5n with kit lens (still waiting for the adapters) for the first full day of photo shooting with it.
I didn't like using it that much: it's missing some keys/knobs, and I feel much more comfortable when handling a dslr, but I think it's the compromise you have to make for having such a little body.

This is an old cattle shed that my father now uses as a deposit for stuff:

including his old tractor

this year's first homegrown tomato from our garden:

Then we left: the route was from a really small village in the mountains between Emilia and Liguria, Pertuso, to a little mountain lake named "Lago Bino", for about 7 km.

Pertuso's football pitch

Prato Grande ("large meadow") grassland, with some free cows

Lago Bino is divided into two parts, this is the smaller one:

and this is the bigger

A brave lonesome guy climbed up to the rock overlooking the lake

sweep panorama of pertuso on our way back to the car

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like the story and the pictures so don't care if there are technical imperfections.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the story too!
That tomato looks alienish.
Free cows like in mustang horses or..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, thankyou. You'll get used to the NEX quite soon if you keep on shooting pictures like this in your lovely countryside. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.

The tomato is a typical (for the little I know) breed from my area, it is called "cuore di bue" (literally ox's heart) because of the shape and size. They can be really big, and juicy.

Surely I'll need to get used to nex's size and ergonomy, and I think part of the delusion was due to the fact that I only could use it with the kit lens, that I find much more fit to shoot videos than photos (for example, the focus ring rotates freely after infinity).
On the other hand, the optical performance of the lens is rather good, much better than my a55's kit zoom.

But now some adapters are on their way, so I will test it again with some real manual glass, not to mention that I'll have to start buying some konica and c/y mount lenses Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely use the kit lens on my NEX5, but when I do it impresses me.

Lovely set of pictures, you live in a very beautiful place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lloyd.

I actually live in a vaste flatland with loads of industries spread all around, with long and rainy (and foggy) winters, and summers that are hot and humid.
But luckily the hills and mountains that are few kilometers far from here are indeed beautiful and almost pristine.