Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunagor 28-200/3.5-5.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Sunagor 28-200/3.5-5.3 Reply with quote

A so-so lens.

Colour and contrast is OK, but not the sharpest tool in the box. Inexpensive "one size fits all" though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the Kobori/Koboron 28~200 that's been praised elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
It looks like the Kobori/Koboron 28~200 that's been praised elsewhere.

Yes, it does look similar to one Big Dawg had HERE. That example had a macro of 1:4, whereas mine is marked as 1:5.5. Very similar though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this one (thanks Google). I had this lens in M42 mount but sold it before I realised it wasn't bad; it was Vivitar branded. I got another one in FD mount with a camera recently, but this time Sunagor branded.

It's useful if not brilliant.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm an old zoom covering 28mm to 200mm must have some weak points. I've cured my LBA for zooms although I couldn't turn down a Pentax M 75-150 and M 24mm -35mm going cheap (total £14)...and damn I didn't really need them.