Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Retina Reflex S shutter misfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Retina Reflex S shutter misfire Reply with quote

I recently obtained a Retina Reflex S in very good condition along with a 50mm f:1.9 for under $23 Canadian however there is an issue with the shutter misfiring.

When you wind the camera on, things seem okay however the shutter will only fire intermittently, most often though, not.

Taking the lens off, and looking at the camera body straight on, the lens mount has a small tab on the interior at the 10 o’clock position. When the shutter fails to fire, this tab can be pushed gently towards the 11 o’clock position and the shutter fires. All speeds seem to be pretty accurate, thankfully. This only issue seems to be how to get this tab to complete its full travel.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I’m hopeful that this may be a relatively easy fix. (I know, easy fix and Retina Reflexes don’t go hand in hand)

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture please.
I have with myself Retina IIIS in DKL mount and it should be similar but i can't see such tab.
Please check also the film counter - if it gets to the end it wont let you cock the shutter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Std. The Retina IIIs does not have the tab. Here is a picture of the tab

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bianca/Desktop/reflex%20s.bmp