Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 2.8/35 Blue Mountains Australia #2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Flektogon 2.8/35 Blue Mountains Australia #2 Reply with quote

Some images from the Flektogon on my recent trip to the Blue Mountain region near Sydney.This was late afternoon light in challenging conditions strong light and strong shade....some P'P to try and bring out the best in these images. Tourists actually have graffiti'd these rocks (sandstone)

#6 A cropped version of the one above...different photo but same subject.

#7 The three sisters at sunset ...until the sun was nearly set they were in shade....and the clouds finally parted!

#8 The Three Sisters viewing area at sunset.taken quickly while I was leaving.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an alien lanscape!

#3 for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw them from a distance, but these are fascinating Mo. I was told they are "blue" because of the oils in the air from the eucalyptus forests that clad them

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrick
You are right, I just Googled it... Very Happy I knew it had to do with the Eucalyptus trees.The rock formations are what is left after the sandstone wears down.