Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Lydith 30/3.5 1Q Test shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Meyer Optik Lydith 30/3.5 1Q Test shot Reply with quote

Dear All.
I have been checking this site long and I decide to send a picture. This is first time and I am feeling little shy to show my picture for publish. I took this photo with Canon 60D and it is no photoshop. It is just resize and nothing add.
Lydith now always with me because it's small size. The result of picture also good enough for my skill.
It is not fast shutter but once person accept this little slow shutter the lens will giving me good quality photo.

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20129/6092__MG_6283_edited1_2.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kokuuji, welcome! I don't see a picture, but post a second time with it and it should
be there. There's an anti-spam filter in place for first posts that doesn't allow pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Katastrofo.
Thank you for quick reply.
I try to up load now on.

I wish this is working fine.
Second time automatically off the spam soft?
I will see how to use this site.
Nice to know you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks you find good light, do you remember your shutter speed?
Welcome to the forum kokuuji Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
It looks you find good light, do you remember your shutter speed?
Welcome to the forum kokuuji Very Happy

Thank you very much.
I often shoot aperture priority and this time I shot 1/10 sec f3.5
ISO was 400 but I would not rather make more high.
I am little wondering and if you don't mind please answer this.
I want to know how much slow shutter you can shoot without blurred with hand holding?
I am just wondering.
Because if you can shoot more slow it mean I could take this photo more sharp or can shoot more dark place.
If somebody can shoot more slow then I can aim it.
I wish you don't mind my question in here.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello kokuuji and welcome. I could never hand hold 1/10 shutter speed without blur. With that lens, I suggest nothing slower than 1/30 - and only if you have a steady hand. What camera do you use? Some cameras are now performing very well with high ISO settings. About the lens, it is one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Hello kokuuji and welcome. I could never hand hold 1/10 shutter speed without blur. With that lens, I suggest nothing slower than 1/30 - and only if you have a steady hand. What camera do you use? Some cameras are now performing very well with high ISO settings. About the lens, it is one of my favorites.

Thank you Mr Woodrim.
I am using Canon 60D.
Yes I think I can use high ISO. But I prefer low ISO.
But if you don't mind would you tell me how much is the maximum ISO before noise coming in to picture for 60D?
Thank you very much and nice to meet you here.
Kokuuji.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good picture, even though, -last time I was in Yokohama was '99. Stopped-down to at least f8 and tripod
with shutter release, would have helped. I have the Pentacon 3.5/30 that is a little soft, wide open.

Thanks for sharing! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Good picture, even though, -last time I was in Yokohama was '99. Stopped-down to at least f8 and tripod
with shutter release, would have helped. I have the Pentacon 3.5/30 that is a little soft, wide open.

Thanks for sharing! Smile

Thank you very much Katastrofo.
Next time I will try aperture close f8 with tripod. The blurred on the picture you see will be improve I guess. Pentacon 30/3.5 sound nice.
Thank you very much.
And nice to meet you in here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For handheld I not shoot with shutter slower than focal length of lens-your lydith is 30mm so never below 30 shutter without tripod. Some say you need to add crop factor- so not below 45 shutter with 30mm and 60d crop camera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, kokuuji. I agree with Katastrofo on the tripod and f8. The sharpness of the photo should improve a lot at similar low light condition.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
For handheld I not shoot with shutter slower than focal length of lens-your lydith is 30mm so never below 30 shutter without tripod. Some say you need to add crop factor- so not below 45 shutter with 30mm and 60d crop camera

Thank you very much Bruce.
I will try that speed.
Thank you.
Kokuuji.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Welcome to the forum, kokuuji. I agree with Katastrofo on the tripod and f8. The sharpness of the photo should improve a lot at similar low light condition.

Thank you my photography.
I will give some try on low light condition sooner.
With tripod and up f8.
Good to join here I just post one and got many knowledge already.
Thank for everybody.
Kokuuji.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a nice city/nightscape shot. I'd urge you to reshoot it with the tips above.

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All.
I went to same place again during this sun set.
Yes I set f11 and with tripod.
ISO 800
shutter speed is 1.00 sec

And no edit without resize.

Thank you everybody I could take great shot today.

I had harmony with Lydith.
Thank you.

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20129/6092__MG_6978_edited1_1.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome! Nice to see you here!

Hi Attila.
Your knowledge have been help me a lot and I finally have opportunity to see you in my page.
Nice to know you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
That's quite a nice city/nightscape shot. I'd urge you to reshoot it with the tips above.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you very much Martin I have already go to the place and took some shots.
Nice to know you in here.
Kokuuji.