Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh FF-9SD Limited Transparent Camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Ricoh FF-9SD Limited Transparent Camera Reply with quote

...and other Ricoh FF series point & shoots.

The FF-9SD Limited was an edition of 20,000 that came out in '92 (as far as I've been able to determine). It has a 35mm f/3.5 Ricoh lens, auto focus, auto pop up flash with limited override (via the 'mode' button) and does 'panorama' via an insert - i.e. you have to shoot the entire roll the same way. I have film in it now so samples will be forthcoming.

Ricoh FF's by Nesster, on Flickr

Ricoh FF-9SD Limited by Nesster, on Flickr

Ricoh FF-9SD Limited by Nesster, on Flickr

Ricoh FF-9SD Limited Transparent Camera Details by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the original FF with the fold-down door? I saw one the other day and was tempted.

Also, do these cams use DX coding or can you set the film speed manually?

I'm looking for a nice AF compact that doesn't have the dreaded DX coding so I can use it with bulk film I hand load. I bought a Konica A4 but it has DX coding with no manual setting Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the 9 and 8 have DX without override, the FF-3 lets you set the film speed, though AFAIR it is limited to 400.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, good to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! I love it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a find! Cool Looking forward to those pictures. Smile